Welcome to our first book club discussion! I know there are a few of you who may be following along without the book yet and if you are one of them, feel free to share any information about you-as a runner and mother and how you got started.
This weekend we are covering the first 3 chapters. Even if you haven't read the book yet, feel free to answer in on any of the questions if you like.
So here we go with the questions!!
1. How did you get into running? Was it before or after becoming a mother?
2. Did you know who Sarah and Dimity were before reading this book?
3. In the first chapter, Dimity wonders why running means so much to her, that she wakes up before the sun even rises, to feel "alive again." Are any of you early morning runners? How has running made you feel alive?
4. What do you consider a "delicious run"?
5. What is one thing you "despise" about running?
6. Like Sarah, have you become more athletic since having children?
7. Sarah has some great PR's! What are your PR's? No matter what they are, we are all entitled to bragging rights!!
8. What and/or who motivates you?
9. I just got a running log with my Runner's World subcription but, I'm not sure if I'm diligent enough to use one. What is the best form of motivation for you? Are you results driven...need someone to push you...etc?
10. Mental Toughness in chapter 3, is something that is strengthened as an athlete. Pushing your body to the limits and going beyond and a little farther than what you think you are capable of.
How has running changed your mental strength, and in turn, changed you as a mother?
Can you name the specific moment, time, or run, up until this point, that took your mental toughness to the next level?
11. What's your "Mantra"?
Feel free to ask any other question to the group that you would like to discuss! These are just some questions to get the ball rolling :)